The voting is live over at the Ennies! Check out http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/voting.asp and vote for your favorite games.
Remember that Catalyst is up for 7 awards, plus the Fan Award for Best Publisher.
Battlerun Author Jason Hardy has offered up a top ten listing for why to vote for Battlerun for best free product:
Top ten reasons to vote for Battlerun as Best Free Product
10. Battlerun has more sexy elf sexiness than any other free product.
9. Do any of the other nominees provide a cloned version of Thomas Bulfinch to help players with their mythology questions? Not that I saw!
8. The Ork Mechwarriorâ€™s number one knowledge skill? Cockpit odors.
7. My ego is becoming dangerously close to â€œnormalâ€ level. An award of some sort would go a long way to restoring it to its customary â€œarrogantâ€ status, and Iâ€™m a lot more entertaining when Iâ€™m arrogant. At least, more entertaining to myself.
6. Thereâ€™s a spell in there for Turning a â€˜Mech to Goo! Turning a freakinâ€™ â€˜Mech to Goo!
5. Not to speak ill about any other products, as I have the greatest respect for all of them, but what the hell is up with the layout of Hunter: the Gathering? I mean, yeah, my computerâ€™s a little old, but it took forever to move from page to page because it had to load, like, five different layers for each page. I mean, honestly! Why couldnâ€™t they flatten a few layers here and there? Right? Iâ€™m not crazy, am I?
4. Everyone puts Mary Sues in their games. Weâ€™re the only ones who admit it.
3. Need help dealing with players who wonâ€™t play right? Use this excerpt: â€œA small, extremely localized nuclear bomb goes off in the back room of The Brown Derby, completely disintegrating you and your stupid, stubborn crew. So suck on that, you bastards.â€
2. Itâ€™s got a picture of a troll wrestling a ProtoMech or a dude in battle armor or something. Whatever it is, itâ€™s awesome!
1. It has 108 footnotes! One hundred and eight! The other nominees, combined, have only 17. And as we all learned in high school, the more footnotes you have, the better grade you deserve!
Download Battlerun for free at: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2259