Catalyst Game Labs is pleased to announce it has been granted an extension for the Shadowrun and BattleTech licenses by The Topps Company, Inc. This extension facilitates Catalystâ€™s long-term goals of continuing to support the BattleTech and Shadowrun brands. Product development continues with every intention to keep a regular publishing schedule into the future and cultivate continued growth of both Intellectual Properties.
â€œOur ongoing discussions with Topps has created a great sense of partnership surrounding these properties,â€ states Randall Bills, Managing Developer, â€œand weâ€™re extremely excited and proud of this development. Our passion, dedication and promotion of the BattleTech and Shadowrun brands have taken them to heights of quality and popularity not seen in well over a decade. Itâ€™s on these strengths that Topps has given us a license extension and are discussing a new long-term contract.â€
The following are a few of the most notable accomplishments of Catalyst for both brands over the last three years.
- 24 booksâ€”including rulebooks, sourcebooks, box sets and novelsâ€”published, with 8 additional products already in development and scheduled for publication.
- The previous Introductory Box Set sold out in half the time projected, with retailers and distributors constantly asking when the 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set will be available (in the fall)
- Expanded the lines to include 32 PDF-exclusive mini sourcebooks, record sheets / misc. published, with more on the way, along with an active, dynamic website and large community
- A fiction-subscription website in operation for over 5 years with well over a million words of fiction in print.
- A host of additional paraphernalia published, from t-shirts to posters, ID Cards to patches, and more
- 8 award nominations and 7 award wins, including 3 En World RPG Awards and 4 Origins Awards (a good chance for 2 more award nominations/wins this August)
- In negotiations with German, French, Spanish and Italian publishers to license BattleTech for foreign publication.
- Working closely with Iron Wind Metals (the miniatures publisher license holder) to cross promote products across the board.
- 16 booksâ€”including rulebooks, sourcebooks, and adventuresâ€”published, with 7 additional products already in development and scheduled for publication.
- 20th Anniversary Edition of Shadowrun Core Rulebook sold out of its first printing in mere months and the second printing is recently available and is selling well.
- 13 PDF-exclusive mini sourcebooks and adventures / misc. published, with more on the way.
- A host of additional paraphernalia published, from t-shirts to posters, ID Cards to dice, and more.
- 3 award nominations and 1 award win (a good chance for 4 more award nominations/wins in August)
- German, French and Japanese foreign licensees producing product, and in negotiations with Spanish and Italian publishers.
In addition to continuing publication of our high quality books for both BattleTech and Shadowrun, Catalyst Game Labs is already looking to the future to ensure the longevity of these perennial properties. We hope to see all of you there!